The Application period is now closed
Workshop Studios is a growing creative business located in Inglewood Calgary that offers its employees flexible hours, competitive pay with a bonus structure, an inspiring creative environment and room to grow within the company.
The Company: Workshop Studios was founded upon the belief that space effects creative production. We believe that a safe, positive, inclusive atmosphere encourages productivity and collaboration. A casual, non-bureaucratic atmosphere with 24/7 access for artists as well as flexible practice hours for participants creates a space that is hassle free and easy going.
Workshop Studios was physically built by two people: Becky McMaster and Andrew Frosst. This is our first year in business. Currently there are three instructors working in the ceramics department and we are looking to add more teaching positions.
The Position: We are looking for a positive, energetic person to take on the Studio Management position. This position entails the following responsibilities:
- Responding to email. Typically e-mails regarding classes, date-nights, workshops and memberships,
- Being a representative of Workshop. This means greeting and welcoming participants, members and studio mates in a positive manner and taking time to listen to their questions or concerns,
- Promote classes and workshops in creative ways.
- Post regularly to our social media accounts with creative content that our audience connects with (Instagram and Facebook),
- Oversee members, instructors, participants and studio mates, ensuring they are doing their part in keeping our facility clean,
- Oversee Instructor responsibilities and make sure that they are doing their best to represent Workshop,
- Bookkeeping: collecting and depositing monthly rent, reviewing instructor invoices, ensuring instructors are paid and handling outgoing expenses.
(optional- we can include an extra hours pay if Manager is willing take on some cleaning duties)
- Management experience
- Administration experience
- Project management experience
- Valid drivers licence
- Some skills in design/ photography
- Detail Oriented
- Positive, inclusive attitude!
- Willingness to provide light cleaning of common areas
Please include a resume, a cover letter as to why you would be a good fit for Workshop Studios and 3 references for us to contact.